Jason Talley’s Arrest; Update

This morning (September 23, 2011) around 8:40 AM, Jason Talley, Cecelia, and I went to the Superior Courthouse in Keene for Ian Freeman’s habeas corpus hearing scheduled for 9:00 AM. At the ‘security’ checkpoint, Jason checked his bag of recording equipment in exchange for a receipt. He then walked through the metal detector and was immediately questioned about the device attached to his belt. Jason replied, “That’s my personal camera,” then expressed that he was walking to the window a few feet away to fill out a form asking permission to film the proceedings upstairs.

As Jason approached the window, the bailiffs began touching him. At first it appeared that the bailiffs were patting down his pockets, but they then attempted to steal his camera from his belt. Jason held onto his property while the bailiffs were grasping his wrists, very tightly it appeared, and trying to pull his hands away from the camera. Jason was told he was under arrest and put into handcuffs. Although he did not resist, Jason did not assist the bailiffs in his kidnapping. One of the bailiffs grabbed onto the handcuffs, in the center, and dragged Jason, backwards, into the elevator.

The bailiff, when questioned, stated that Jason was going to be seen in Keene District Court on two misdemeanor charges, including resisting arrest. He would not state the specific charge for which Jason was arrested, only that it was in relation to walking through security with a recording device. Cecelia and I went to the Keene District Court to inquire about when Jason would be seen by the judge, but the clerk was not able to provide any information.

At the Cheshire County Sheriff’s Department (located in the Superior Courthouse), we were informed that Jason would be seen by a judge this afternoon. We then spoke with the County Attorney and learned that Jason will be seen “sometime after 1:30 PM” this afternoon at the Superior Courthouse.

1. good reporting :-)

2. Kager, while there is a chance that the link you posted could relate to this case, it is not know at this time if they related. The two cases are different matters. My guess is that in order to know if they relate, this case would have to be heard before the court mentioned in your link.

I am no legal expert, though.

I agree with david-keene about your reporting, though.

3. Does Jason Tally reside in Keene now?

I thought he lived in Grafton.

4. Kate and Keith: Unfortunately the Glick ruling does not apply to the lobby of Keene Superior Court, according to Bradley Jardis. He is pretty much a legal expert.

5. it doesn't seem any rulings apply anywhere, these fucking pussies just do what they want and put their filthy hands over anyone they can.

6. Hannah,

Based on a complete reading of the 1st Circuit case it is my opinion that the case only applies presently to law enforcement authorities in public outdoor spaces. I think the decision could certainly be the springboard towards expanding journalistic rights in other applications (such as in a court lobby) but I think in order to get there it needs to be litigated further in the US District Court. I think a declaratory judgement proceeding to get an injunction would be the route to go.

I appreciate the confidence in my opinion… but I surely am no legal expert. Attorney Seth IS the legal expert around here and I'd be most curious as to what his opinion of the matter is :)

7. Most of the arrests the cops make are for stupid reasons, and most of the time they could avoid making the arrests if they wanted too. For example if they see somebody smoking a blunt, they could ignore it. If they see an 18 year old drinking a beer, they could ignore it. But they dont because they want to keep arrest totals up. The higher the arrest total, the better the department. Would you rather work for the department that makes 50 arrests a year or the one that makes 250? Im not a cop, i know some people on here think i am, but im just telling you how they think.

8. @Matt- I think you were right about "Tully" being fictious. Notice how he hasnt come back on here since you noticed that he was fake. ALso, like you said, he'd only been on here two days and yet according to david-keene, everybody was supposed to know he was gay. Something doesnt add up. Even stranger is how the views on his blog and his veiws here arne't the same. on his blog, it seems like he's anti-capitalist, like me, but on here, he seems to be a libertarian. Lets see if he shows up on here again, though i doubt he will

9. Here's the important thing to remember before relying on the Glik ruling: it was handed down in a federal court, part of the same federal court system that strictly forbids video recording any trial, hearing, or appeal.

10. Ah they got fatty. I'm going to miss his ball sack chin.

11. Here’s the important thing to remember before relying on the Glik ruling: it was handed down in a federal court, part of the same federal court system that strictly forbids video recording any trial, hearing, or appeal.

Exactly KB. I've made that point several times now: no federal court is going to issue an opinion which nullifies their own rules. They can't only apply the case to state courts, it would apply to them too.

12. Of course he didn't "assist" the deputies by walking, why wouldn't he choose to be dragged away? How else is he going to bitch about the marks left on him from people having to drag a 200 pound deadweight around. Too bad the freestater's voices don't stop working as much as their legs do. Idiots.

Personally, I don't know why any of his friends would be shocked or surprised at this – after all, he got exactly what he wanted – a bullshit misdemeanor charge that will get dumped and he can blather on and on and on about it for the rest of his life. WHOOP DEE DOO – but…..the good news is it all adds up in due time, just ask Ian (during visitor hours only)

13. All I want to know is, where is the fucking video of this idiot being dragged away? Do you think he was still asking stupid questions like "Why are you doing this to me, I'm a peaceful person?" I hope he remembers that line when he is in jail.

14. Do you mean posing questions to men with pieces of metal on their chest whose services were no longer required?

15. It's funny to read people talking trash about Jason Talley. They don't know anything about him and his efforts.

16. Unfortunately, we do. But that's not what's funny. What's funny is Jason thinking that somehow the rules don't apply to him. Why start with the little fish of the Superior Court building in Keene. He should go straight to the source. Walk in to the Supreme Court of the United States with a camera. Cut the small shit, and find out, once and for all, if a 'public' building can have regulations on your 'free speech' to film. ademo? You out there? This is your chance. That is, if you are that sure of your position.

17. —>AM I the ONLY person who wonders about the earlier story regarding Ademo & Co. (…sorry, Ademo, for name-calling you, but i din't bother to see who else you did that action with…). They went to see the bailiff / court security officer, to see what HE had to say about the "Glik" ruling in FedAppealsCourt…The CSO was a **FUCKING*ASSHOLE*PIECE*OF*SHIT*MOTHERFUCKER*…(goddamn, i wish this language had some stronger, *FATAL* expletives and cuss words…)… Like poking an injured, hungry grizzly bear, then complaining because you were shopping-mauled to death…Not only do the State-employed CSO's have to enforce a dysfunctional, corrupt, incompetent, broken "justice system", but they **ALSO** protect a local ruling junta composed of yet-more corrupt thugs… Oh yeah?…..

Well, why don't they *MAINTAIN*THE*SECURITY* of those citizens who are documenting the local court process???…

Sure, you can slam the "freeweenies", "matt", & "David", but, *BUT*, how can you defend such obvious, blatant, *BULLSHIT* on the part of the State/County/City/courts???…

This **WHOLE** situation *COULD* have, and *SHOULD* have, been handled without any arrests. Jason Talley, do you feel the heavy hand of the wicked? I'm sorry, Jason, that this kind of shit is still going on, in 2011…I am deeply, deeply, deeply ashamed of my Native State…From John Lynch, to the Mayor, Council, & Manager of Keene, I say, *FUCK-YOU*, and *I*HAVE*NOT*YET*BEGUN*TO*FIGHT*, and

*GIVE*ME*LIBERTY*OR*GIVE*ME*DEATH*….

I wonder if that cock-sucking motherfucking faggot "Skeptikos" deletes and CENSORS this post, because his *TASTE*BUDS* are offended, by quotes from some folks who got this whole America thing started in the first place???….

18. How many more times, bailiff, how many more times, before the gas soaks YOU, and, *I* strike the first match…A black robe is such a delicious gas sponge…

19. Of course *I* wrote the "Thomas Ball, jr." post, directly above. How stupid *ARE* you people…???…

Really, i don't want to know how stupid you people are.

Relax, it was just a rhetorical question…

——————————————————————————————————-

Ya know, the "Digital Millenium Copyright Act" is 2000+ pages of dense legalese…you should see the section protecting the Free Expression and Speech, and providing for large monetary damages for any infringement thereof, like, when a post gets deleted, but the website cannot site any EULA which permits such deletion…~hint, ~hint, ~hint,….

20. Matt, do you know Jason personally? I'm guessing you don't. He is an honest person and a good person. The fact that he dares to expose a corrupt system is why he is in jail. All of the diversions and personal attacks on him won't change that simple fact.

21. If there's no video, it didn't happen…..

22. bob, was anyone saying jason is dishonest or bad? No. Just ignorant. The fact that he chose to violate the ban on cameras in the court house(NOT covered by Glick), shows just how stupid he is. I don't think a court, any court, from District to the US Supreme Court, is going to look at a courthouse as being the same as a public park, as in Glik. If they did, well, there wouldn't be bans on cameras there either, would there? If jason is too stupid to realize that, then he is exactly where he belongs. And please, before you compare this to MLK, Rosa Parks, Gandhi , Jesus or any other cilil rights leader, or any actual civil rights cause, stop. Just stop You can save your tired, old bullshit for someone else.

ademo, when are you gonna stick your neck out like your friends have?

23. OK, OK, OK, this isn't on the same broad-based level as MLK, Rosa Parks, etc. So what? Not the same level, no, but it's all the same thing. MLK & RP acted against an *UNCONSTITUTIONAL* regime of discrimination, oppression, and *ANTI-FREEDOM*… That same discrimination, oppression, and *ANTI-FREEDOM* is *EXACTLY* what Ademo&Jason Talley are working to expose, and change. Yes, they are inept, juvenile, and poorly directed…mis-guided, even…*BUT*, they *ARE* working in the right direction. No, I don't think "the ends justify the means" in this case, but what Ademo&Jason&etc. are *TRYING*TO*DO*, is of benefit to us all. For literally decades now, Keene&CheshireCounty have suffered under corrupt, incompetent judges, cops, lawyers, and public officials. However much blowhards&bigmouths like "David"&"matt" criticize, still, dudes, how can you defend such a blatantly bullshit local legal system. Here's *YOUR* challenge, "David" & "matt": **WHY** is judge "JohnBoy" Arnold retiring???…you say it has *NOTHING* to do with Thomas Ball???…C'mon, tell us why he's retiring early….if you can, or dare to…~tKoK.

24. Jason has been one to apply for "permission" to record court proceedings many times. I see nowhere that he was claiming anything regarding the Glik decision.

Just random troll logic would connect the different people and their actions.

Long before he came to NH he created Bureaucrash and http://motorhomediaries.com/

He is very well regarded for his integrity and his intelligence. Oh and by the way he was a Military Police Officer.

25. " I see nowhere that he was claiming anything regarding the Glik decision.

Just random troll logic would connect the different people and their actions."

That's right, just random troll logic. That and the fact that the very first post on this article, by the author of the article, is a link to Glik.

I notice you said he was Military Police, not Military Intelligence.

And YOUR intelligence background is??

26. You people absolutely SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just leave.

27. Looks like you've got Tom Thumb's Blues.

If you’re lookin’ to get silly

You better go back to from where you came

Because the cops don’t need you

And man they expect the same

28. ” I see nowhere that he was claiming anything regarding the Glik decision."

He, being Jason Talley, the man arrested. Trifith posted the link regarding Glik. Different people with their own thoughts.

Of course to David they are all classified as the same ie. "Free Staters". It's easier to lump people into groups and avoid the whole having to think of them as people thing, individuals you would like someone to torture on your behalf. You know hoping that they get raped, or abused in some other way… that's a pretty ugly trait.

29. Bob Constatine asked "Matt, do you know Jason personally? I’m guessing you don’t. He is an honest person and a good person. The fact that he dares to expose a corrupt system is why he is in jail. All of the diversions and personal attacks on him won’t change that simple fact."

Most of the people he films and heckles and provokes and antagonizes are good people too. He isn't doing anything groundbreaking by any stretch of the imagination. His petty arrest isn't a result of some daring expose – it is just him being stupid. Sorry if other people's opinions bug you so much. Well, not really.

30. mr constantine,

you are trying to reason with trolls

31. "reason with trolls"…you must be fucking kidding me, "david-keene"…the biggest *TROLL* on "FreeKeene" is *YOU*, Mr. "david-keene"….can you please, pleASE, PLEASE give all the *TROLL*SHIT*CALLING* a rest…???…Just give it a rest, OK?

~tKoK.

32. AND *NO*, asshole"david-keene", that *WASN'T* me, even tho you *THINK* it was. fuck-you, "david-keene"…

33. Meaning, you accused me of spoofing posts. Not guilty.~tKoK.

34. Oh, yes bob, he's going to be tortured, string him up and attach the electrodes.

Give me a fucking break. He knew the rule. He broke the rule. The bailiffs are sick and fucking tired of putting up with the BULLSHIT. You step one step over the line, and you just bought yourself a load of shit. He has no one to blame but HIMSELF. Cuff him and get him out. He doesn't want to walk? Fine. Drag him. He doesn't want to identify himself? No problem Let him sit in a cell. Tough. Fucking. Shit.

Like I said in a post about central square, if you expect the townspeople to not fuck with you, don't fuck with the townspeople. And in this case, the bailiff has been fucked with enough.

Got it, bob?

35. And by the way, bob, I certainly wasn't the first person to bring up Glik. I merely brought up the ban on cameras in the courthouse, which he (jason tally) violated.

Sorry to bring up reason and all, david-keene. I know, as a Troll, that's above my pay-grade.

And also, david-keene, DON'T READ THIS!!

36. Geez, David, you sound angry. Does it bother you that this man was arrested for no other reason than that it was POSSIBLE for him to monitor the activities of people who are paid with tax money to supposedly serve the people?

I didn't see where you mentioned that part anywhere. And who gives a fuck what the bailiff thinks anyway? If he was paid to think, he wouldn't be arresting peaceful people with cell phones anyway, if you ask me. (I know, you didn't)

YOU FUCK WITH THE BAILIFF AND HE'LL FUCK YOU BACK.

Is this characteristic of what YOU would call a 'free society', David?

37. KoK=TROLL who pretends to be me

38. "Geez, David, you sound angry. Does it bother you that this man was arrested for no other reason than that it was POSSIBLE for him to monitor the activities of people who are paid with tax money to supposedly serve the people?"

Angry? Not really, although I can see where you might think that. Annoyed more than anything. Like I said, my community and I have been fucked with long enough.

He was not arrested for 'no other reason than that it was POSSIBLE for him to monitor the activities of people'. He was arrested for breaking a clearly stated rule, one which he knows, and one which is similar at many 'public' buildings, including the Supreme Court. It doesn't get much simpler than that.

Is this characteristic of what I would call a ‘free society'? No. These measures were put in place because assholes like him (jason tally), have fucked with people who have been fucked with long enough.

Got it, lpviper?

39. sigh,

i didn't write the last post under my name

40. Wow. That's such an adult approach to interacting with one's neighbors.

You're better than them how?

41. "Wow. That’s such an adult approach to interacting with one’s neighbors."

I note a hint of sarcasm in your response. But I completely agree with you. freekeene doesn't interact with their neighbors in an adult way.

42. I don't think judge Arnold's original "No Cameras" order was Constitutional in the first place, and that this bailiffs' actions are also blatantly illegal. I believe that Jason Talleys' arrest will *NOT* be further supported by legitimate court action. In other words, even *IF* Jason Talley is "convicted" of a "crime", his bogus conviction will be overturned & thrown out by the next level appellate court…Therefore, this bailiff has committed the *CRIME* of *OFFICIAL**OPPRESSION*…It is *NOT* "legal", for bailiffs to *ABUSE* their statutory entitlements…In this case, the State is *WRONG*, and Jason Talley has suffered a tort-worthy injury…GO SUE 'EM, Jason!…It will be easier to get a judgement / attachment to Arnolds' retirement check, than his paycheck, but Talley might have to pass on attaching the bailiffs' paycheck. (But he *MIGHT* get fired, or re-assigned, because of this little screw-up, so…)

43. David on Sat, 24th Sep 2011 10:02 pm

Oh, yes bob, he’s going to be tortured, string him up and attach the electrodes.

Give me a fucking break. He knew the rule. He broke the rule. The bailiffs are sick and fucking tired of putting up with the BULLSHIT. You step one step over the line, and you just bought yourself a load of shit. He has no one to blame but HIMSELF. Cuff him and get him out. He doesn’t want to walk? Fine. Drag him. He doesn’t want to identify himself? No problem Let him sit in a cell. Tough. Fucking. Shit.

Like I said in a post about central square, if you expect the townspeople to not fuck with you, don’t fuck with the townspeople. And in this case, the bailiff has been fucked with enough.

Got it, bob?

———————————————————————————————————–

The above re-enactment of 1950's & 1960's Southern Racist Redneck speech and thought patterns, was brought to you by the United Klans of America, your KKK… and the Cheshire County Commissioners, and the Concord, NH Geriatric Daycare(NHLegs.)…~tKoK.

44. "David", you're sure one sick motherfucker. How can you support electro-torture for simply bringing a camera to court???…What kind of sick fuck ARE you???

45. kok is impersonating me in the last post

46. How can we be sure? All you have to do is write something stupid,then blame him! Although tKoK does know how to spell,so that would be a clue… —bil

47. It's not nice to fool Mother Nature. He doesn't even get the d-k, k-d, does he, KoK?

48. Nope.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. DC: Jefferson 5 Dancers’ Charges Dropped, Journalist Jason Talley Arrested in Keene | FreeConcord.org - [...] news came one day prior to Jason Talley’s arrest in Keene at the Cheshire Country Superior Court. On Friday,…