Cecelia reports on the brutal arrest of FreeKeene blogger Derrick J. Freeman on her website, LadiesinKeene.com:
Today, The Sentinel released a small blurb about Derrick J’s arrest:
A Keene man faces charges of resisting arrest and disobeying an officer after police say he led them on a chase while riding his bicycle Friday afternoon.
Derrick Joseph Horton, 22, was held at the Cheshire County jail in Keene for lack of $2,000 bail, Keene police Sgt. Jason Short said.
Police had attempted to stop Horton in connection with a warrant for criminal trespass and resisting arrest issued by the Cheshire County Sheriff’s Office, but Horton allegedly refused to stop, forcing police to chase him on his bicycle for several streets, Short said.
Horton will be arraigned Monday morning in Keene’s 8th Circuit Court District Division.
Now, I just can’t help but to fix a few errors in their report:
- According to the conversation I had with Derrick once he was taken to the Keene Police Department on Friday March 30, 2012 following his arrest. His charges are resisting detainment and violation of bail.
- Derrick is still being held at the Cheshire County House of Corrections, until at least Monday when he will be arraigned.
- The ‘no trespassing order’ which this incident was in connection with had already been served earlier Friday outside of Keene High School by Officer Timothy Peloquin. It should be mentioned that according to KPD radio transmissions, Peloquin wrote a ‘no trespassing order’ in his cruiser which actually extended the hours of the ban from 6:30am-6:30pm, Monday-Friday to “all the property, all the time.”
- Forcing the police to chase him for several streets? Derrick didn’t force the police to do anything. The only force used was on Derrick by Officer Moore. Moore didn’t have any valid reason to even try to detain him since Derrick had already received the ‘no trespassing order’ from Officer Peloquin earlier that day.
- The Sentinel “forgets” to mention Moore using his cruiser door as a weapon against Derrick.
- Also, Moore shoved his nightstick in Derrick’s moving rear wheel, breaking and bending his spokes and causing Derrick to fall off.
- The Sentinel doesn’t mention the way Moore treated Derrick once he was on the ground, or even Moore and others officers refusal to answer questions regrading Derrick’s arrest.
There you go Sentinel, I fixed it.
What I want to know is: where did the reporters over at the Sentinel get their information from – the police reports? What about the coverage this story has gotten on at least 3 websites, including LadiesInKeene,CopBlock, and FreeKeene? All the information above has been on one, or all of these sites.
Was it just simple laziness on the part of the Sentinel reporters, or is the Sentinel, like the rest of the Main Stream Media, just another mouthpiece for the State?
Cecelia’s eyewitness video is featured in multiangle report edited by Beau for Fr33Agents.TV below. In the video you can hear Cecelia ask Officer Moore: “Why are you using violence, sir.”