Many of us at Free Keene once thought that the system we know of as government was the solution to certain problems. We realized we were wrong when we discovered the inescapable, ugly truth. “The state” is force. It is the violent monopoly.
Aggressing against one’s neighbors, regardless of the goals one is looking to accomplish, is unacceptable and morally bankrupt.
Unfortunately, government coercion is well entrenched in our society, so it’s understandable why people believe it to be necessary. Since government runs the education system for the most part, it’s no surprise that we are all raised and indoctrinated with the idea that government is good. It is not good to threaten people to get your way or to force them to pay for unwanted services. Beyond that, government “solutions” create more problems than they solve. Government programs create disastrous unintended consequences; many of which are the opposite of the program’s original intentions! (See the “War on Drugs” for an example of this.)
We invite you to explore the concepts of liberty and voluntarism. You’ll discover that the free market can provide the services that government provides on a consensual basis, more effectively, and at a fraction of the cost.
So, what is Free Keene?
The Peaceful Evolution has begun.
The next great step for mankind is the step toward the voluntary society. We are going to accomplish this using peaceful, market-based actions. This is not a revolution. We are not revolving, or going back to the beginning. This is evolution. Free Keene allows you to tap into the epicenter of the Peaceful Evolution, from wherever you are, to see it all unfold. Better still, you are encouraged to educate yourself about liberty and the voluntary society via our free audio books and then encouraged to move to Keene, withdraw from the old coercive society, and join the voluntary society.
Consider this blog your link to news about liberty activism focused mostly on the Keene area, (but also from around The Shire), opinions, ideas, media, discussion, and most importantly action about how we can end government aggression and replace it with voluntary alternatives, thereby achieving liberty in our lifetime. Look to the top menu bar to see the variety of interactive options and media this site holds for you. Whether you are a longtime liberty-lover or new to the ideas of freedom, you’ll find useful content and community here.
Free Keene’s bloggers are mostly Keene-area, liberty minded activists, visionaries, and media personalities. Some are New Hampshire natives, others have been here for many years, and others moved here as part of the Free State Project. Here’s a video explaining the FSP.
Free Keene encourages you to move to Keene if you aren’t already here, take action, and get involved. Find something that suits your unique talents and skills, apply them, and help us achieve liberty in our lifetime!
Like us on Facebook
- One Month Until Keenevention 2014 – Schedule Posted! October 1, 2014
- City’s Attempt to Dismiss Shire Free Church Appeal DENIED September 30, 2014
- Weare Corruption Continues – Officer’s Firing Rescinded, To Receive Back Pay September 30, 2014
- There is blood on Maggie Hassan’s hands September 30, 2014
- Ian Found Guilty on ID “Crimes”, Facing Up To Two Years in Prison September 30, 2014
- Front-Page Feature Article on Keene Copblock in KSC Equinox September 28, 2014
- NH State Rep Interviewed About Secession September 28, 2014
- Black Sheep Rising – Episode 71 September 27, 2014
- Black Sheep Rising – Episode 70 September 27, 2014
- Leverett & River Street Residents Compete for Worst Neighbor Award September 26, 2014
- Topless Freedom September 19, 2014
- Hello! September 15, 2014
- "Why do I not hear or see any major criticism of Free Keene and Ian Bernard?" September 9, 2014
- New member introduction September 5, 2014
- Lakes Region 9/9/14 Primary Recommendations September 3, 2014
- Nashua Area 9/9/14 Primary Recommendations September 3, 2014
- North Country 9/9/14 Primary Recommendations September 3, 2014
- Seacoast Region 9/9/14 Primary Recommendations September 3, 2014
- Concord Area 9/9/14 Primary Recommendations September 3, 2014
- Manchester Area 9/9/14 Primary Recommendations September 3, 2014